The Thinking Environment
Embedding the Thinking Environment and incorporating its techniques will boost your leadership capacity and increase team creativity. In today's information rich world, nurturing excellent thinking is the way to maintain market position. Our accredited Nancy Klein's Thinking Environment training allows you to improve your profit and growth.
Thinking Partnerships: produce breakthrough, independent thinking
Time to Think Foundation Course
A 3-day highly participatory Thinking Partnership course that enables you to learn about, and practice, Thinking Partnerships in depth. This profoundly impactful way of listening and thinking is supported by a growing body of neurological/physiological studies as to why it helps us to understand why one person's full attention (using Nancy Klein's 10 components) allows for quality thought and decision making in another.
This is a pre-requisite course for people who wish to become Thinking Environment coaches. Apart from that why do it? Here are 5 reasons why.
1. It liberates the mind to think for itself with unprecedented clarity, originality and rigour.
2. It's an essential coaching and mentoring skill ideal for all those managing and leading people.
3. It allows you to develop creative thought processes and resolve long standing issues.
4. It helps to reduce stress or anxiety.
5. It allows you to problem solve in a shorter time-frame with clear actions and outcomes.
The Foundation Course (2 days) introduces you to the Ten Components of a Thinking Environment and their nine applications. You will explore Thinking Pairs, Dialogue, Rounds, Open Discussion, Meetings, the Time To Think Council, Presentations and Facilitation. Any of these applications will help you turn groups and organisations into Thinking Environments.
You will also see one Thinking Partnership demonstration in order to consider its importance for leaders in creating Thinking Environment cultures.
Who should attend?
Coaches, mentors, executives, HR Directors, O&D professionals, managers, supervisors, those who wish to develop their thinking skills
Aims of the course
1s. To explore all Ten Components of a Thinking Environment, their application to, and effect, on individual thinking
2. To examine and acquire skills in the construction of Incisive Questions
3. To have time to think with precision about issues of importance to you
4. To become familiar with, and be able to give and participate in Thinking Sessions effectively
1. To identify and explore the ten components that establish a Thinking Environment®
2. To examine the ways in which everyday communication structures such as meetings, discussion, presentations, facilitation, resolving conflict, and working with colleagues and staff can be transformed into clear-thinking, invigorating, positive experiences
3. To practise the building blocks of Thinking Pairs, Rounds, Open Discussion and Dialogue
4. To experience a Transformed Meeting and a Time to Think Council
5. To leave energised and aware of how you can incorporate these techniques into your workplace.
Cost: The 3-day Thinking Partnerships course can be run in-house or externally. External courses start at £890pp.